WELCOME to Project: Model

Thank you for stopping by! Please read my latest, and final, model session blog update. It was such a fun project these past five months- but I will be moving on to fresh new ideas for the warmer months! Thanks to all who participated.

YES! I still am booking modeling sessions... of course!!
My new web site launch will be arriving shortly as well. Be sure to check back soon :)


Thursday, January 29, 2009

Project Model: Elizabeth S.

Hello everyone! Welcome to my last posting here on Project: Model. It has been a wonderful project... one that lastest five months and allowed me to work with some amazing people! I have taken the time to feature over a dozen participating models from my bookings here on this unique blog site. They really were a lot of fun to get to know and collaborate with... and so different in terms of location, age, ethnicity, experience, etc. I am so glad I took the time to work on such a fabulous project. It was terrific to work with great makeup artists and stylists, too.

My Modeling Sessions will still be available!!! The models seen on this blog will still be featured on my regular web site! As some of you already know, I am currently redesigning my new web site. It will be ready in just a couple of weeks- and with it's launch this blog will no longer be visible. The modeling sessions themselves are here to stay...Of course!! I love working with models.

The time I spend on projects will be now be redirected so that I can keep things fresh and updated in ALL areas!! I plan on adding some more beautiful Wedding Portfolio Work right away, and then moving on to Digital Art Themed ideas and doing occassional Charity Session giveaways once the weather warms up. Be sure to stop by my normal blog- there will be lots to read about in the near future.

Meet Elizabeth S... from Reno, Nevada. She is in her midtwenties, a mom of two and wonderful model!!! Elizabeth contacted me prior to my trip to the NW to schedule a shoot. We wanted to add images to her portfolio. She has done a lot of modeling work and is a very creative and hard working young woman. Isn't she a beauty??



We were able to meet up for just over an hour. The above shots were taken outdoors using natural light... but it was freezing cold! We had to head indoors to take the remaining images. I found a great spot with beautiful diffused window light and so we hung out there and worked for a bit. Here is one of the results.. I used a bit of soft focus on this one. I must say she really wears the color red very well :)



And just for something different, I grabbed a silouette of her while we were there.

The lighting was very odd inside the hotel... different colored lights all over the place. Just look in the background here behind her head. Lots of "glitter and shine" in every color all around town. And the guests were very excited to watch us work. lol. Elizabeth really draws a crowd... :)

She did a wardrobe change at the end of our shoot into a more Vintage style creme colored dress with beaded accessories. I went ahead and created something a bit more artistic for her to have in her portfolio with this look. I used some color tone and grunge brushes to give it a more worn look. The backdrop in both images below is actually an old elevator with an iron frame design from top to bottom. It was a fabulous find.Thanks again, Elizabeth for meeting up with me on my trip out West. I had a lot of fun meeting and working with you! Be sure to keep in touch and let me know if I can be of service to you in the future. Take care - you did a terrific job with Project: Model.